There is a space of a metre and a half from the door of my room to my bed. In order to make it this distance one must conquer several obstacles in a daring climb that occasionally requires individuals to be accompanied by a sherpa.
On my floor, scattered carelessly in no particular order are the following items:
- Five books, to be dropped off at the book exchange at the only good coffee shop open after 10 p.m.
- Two books which were taken from the book exchange.
- Various articles of clothing, predominantly socks and tops.
- A library book about photography.
- A damaged pair of polka dot ballet flats that are a half size too big for my feet.
- Two purses, one large, one small.
- Two backpacks.
- A file folder.
- An empty Nutella jar.
- A pile of CDs by bands I do not like.
- Hangers that are on vacation from their regular duties in my closet.
- Two magazines.
- Watchmen prequel promotional material.
- An almost full travel sized bottle of shampoo.
- Cheap polka dot flip flops.